Not to be confused with the self-stick strip falsies of the past, nor clusters of lashes, knotted together, that are a single-event accessory. These semi-permanent, extensions are glued one by one onto the natural lash (not the skin), by using a specially formulated glue. The result is a beautiful, full, luscious and natural looking set of lashes.
You don’t have to be a celebrity, or a model to wear eyelash extensions.
A single natural eyelash is isolated and an extension is glued to it approximately 1mm from the eyelid, so neither the glue nor the lash has contact with the skin.
The procedure will take approximately 1.5 hours, for a full set and approximately one hour for an in-fill. It is a meticulous procedure that requires patience and concentration, so it should not be rushed. Often clients fall asleep (beauty slip).
No. Eyelash extensions can only be applied by a trained professional.
No, definitely not. Humans lose a few eyelashes every day, due to natural shedding. The eyelashes have a cycle of approximately 100 days.
Yes, but you won’t need mascara and you may even find you won’t need eyeliner. A makeup removal, which does not contain oil of any kind, should be used, as this will affect the glue. Remove eyeliner by using a damp cotton bud and a small amount of eye make-up remover. Gently run it along the eyeliner to remove it. To remove eyeshadow, wet a cotton wipe with eye make-up remover and gently remove eye shadow in a side and upward movement, not down onto the eyelash extensions. Wiping down towards the lashes will cause a buildup of makeup on the lashes.
You won’t have to. You can roll out of bed looking great and best of all, it will make your lashes look like you’re wearing mascara 24/7 without the clumping, streaking and smudging look, which you get with mascara. If desired, you can wear a water based (not waterproof) mascara on the lower lashes, but remember to use an eye makeup remover that contains no oil.
No, do not perm your beautiful new eyelash extensions. Anyway, you won’t have to, as the extensions hold their designed, lovely curl. Using a clamp eyelash curler will damage them.
Approximately 3-4 weeks. 30 to 40% of the extensions will fall out, for this period, due to eyelash shedding. Do not be duped by those who promise “permanent” extensions that last for 2+ month. A real lashes life cycle is around 100 days, and as they grow and fall out, so will the attached extensions. Your life style and what work you do will also make a difference how long they last.
Each day we can lose 3-5 natural lashes, but often they fall out unnoticed. When eyelash extensions are applied, we are more aware of when they shed, as we know the extensions are there plus they are longer, darker and thicker.
Lengths available are 7mm, 8mm, 10mm, 11mm, 12mm, 13mm, 14mm, 15mm, 16mm and 17mm in black. All of the lengths are available in different curls and thicknesses – 0.10mm, 0.12mm, 0.15mm. During the application a mixture of lengths, curls and thicknesses are used – shorter lashes being used on the inner eye area and gradually increasing in length towards the middle and outer corners. Colored extensions are also available.
No, they are adhered to the lashes approximately 1mm from the eyelid.
Yes, in the right hands and having your extensions applied by someone who has been correctly trained, it is safe. We take great care to ensure, that the adhesive and adhesive remover does not come in contact with the skin or eyes. The glue used at Gala Hair Studio is high quality fast drying glue which does not give a clumped look.
- It will cut your beauty routine time down in the mornings.
- There will be no running, or streaking mascara.
- Extensions are safe in showers, swimming pools and saunas.
- Extensions are weightless and very natural looking.
- Eyelashes will appear longer, fuller and darker.
- The eyes will look bigger, more defined & gorgeous even with no makeup.
- Extensions are great for people who wear contact lenses.
- Extensions are perfect for brides, mums on the run and busy people.
- Extensions are perfect for ladies who can’t wear mascara.
- For the first 24 hours avoid getting the lashes wet until the glue is completely dry.
- Do not use a steam room, or sauna for the first 48 hours to allow the glue to cure.
- Be gentle with your new lashes. Avoid rubbing, tugging or scratching your eyes.
- Resist the temptation to touch, or pull at your stunning new lashes, as this will pull out your own natural lashes.
- Avoid getting them caught on clothes and towels.
- When drying your face, do not rub instead blot your face and apply gently pressure to your closed eyes.
- Do not tint, perm or curl the extensions using a clamp eyelash curlers.
- Avoid wearing mascara, as this will lessen the life of your extensions.
- Do not use eye make-up remover that contains any type of oil products.
- Do keep the eye area clean. This is very important. Some ladies love their lashes so much they don’t even want to get them wet at all. Avoiding proper hygiene can result in an eye infection whether wearing eyelash extensions or not.
The golden rule for wearing eyelash extensions is the less you touch them the longer they will last. However, it is important to keep the eye area clean.
Yes, at any time for any reason they can be removed. The extension lashes are easily removed by using a glue remover and can only be done by an eyelash technician.